Friday, February 15, 2008

The LookOut: Slacking off Post-Valentine's Day Edition



In case you missed it, yesterday was all about VD - Valentine's Day, 'natch. Since I've decided to split up my Number 1 Comic Book Couple I Love Post into three parts, I hereby direct you to my fellow, non-slacking bloggers and their romantic notions in lieu of my own.

First off, we have the always wry and witty Mr. Kevin Church of Beaucoup Kevin fame providing you with a soundtrack. He made you a mix tape and subsequently started the newest debate between comics bloggers everywhere - are mix tapes creepy or cool? I've never made a mix tape for anyone but the first gift I ever got from my HS Sweetheart was a mix tape of sorts. The A side was Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer and the B side was Aerosmith's Greatest Hits, starting with Young Lust. Ah, sentimental, water-colored memories.

Moving on, Chris has made you some valentines over at his Invincible Super-Blog. They make you fall in love with him, so be careful.

Additionally, the good Doctor Scott over at Polite Dissent has not one, but TWO sets of Valentines up to woo your nerdy heart.

Meanwhile, the wonderful and whimsical Ami Angelwings sensibly foregos the romance and flowers and goes straight to the candy instead. I look forward to reading more of her amusing polls and Rants of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

The multi-headed hydra of happiness that is Blog@Newsarama reveals that Entertainment Weekly has ripped me off, as if the idea of listing charming fictional couples was some sort of popular and fun thing to do around on Valentine's Day. The NERVE of some people!

Additionally, the charming and talented Valerie D'Orazio over at Occasional Superheroine drops off her list of SuperVillain Couples In Love - enraging fellow fanpeople with her lack of gay monkey/gay cyborg love, even as she makes me wistfully wish that I could have included Spike & Dru in my all-too pedantic list of comic book couples.

And last but certainly not least, D0nnaTr0y, mistress of music and keeper of The Bottomless Cup, details a real life story about kids, jazz and Valentine's Day that will make you smile.

Please dig around and explore these fine blogs in lieu of my own while I take care of pesky social obligations. I assure you all that I will be back to blogging obsessively about comic book characters soon!

Hugs and Kisses,

The LookOut

No comments: