Saturday, March 1, 2008

Look Out! He's slowly coming back!



Still hammering out some personal problems but I hope to get this party re-started again soon and, as Mo'Nique might say, leave the drama for yo' Mama. This is a Comics Blog after all, not a "Emo K. D. Whines About His Life Blog" (there's way fewer YouTube links on that blog).

In that can-do spirit, please enjoy the following delightful comic links I've found and my general ramblings:

Enjoy the entire 1st issue of the slightly Buffy-esque Suburban Glamour, which appears to be a trade I'll have to buy at some point. The art alone is gorgeous enough in it's own right to make this a must-look and the story certainly intrigues as well.

There's a new, expanded Iron Man trailer up that shows how the villain of the piece comes into being. I'm not sure if I prefer this trailer or the first one that had the "Merchant of Death" line and the Black Sabbath theme going on. In any case, we get more sassy, drunk Tony Stark, which is delightful. I usually hate the character but you know, I think I already love this movie more than a little bit:



Now if only people would give Adam Warren a decidedly more extended crack at the character. *sigh* If you haven't read his mini Iron Man: Hypervelocity yet, I'd suggest enjoying it post haste for all the delicious science crack it contains. Case in point:



At least Fraction's getting to put out his take on Iron Man, which promises to be delightful.

Speaking of Adam Warren, Empowered Vol. 3 is coming out soon, so that should certainly cheer me up. I might proceed to concoct a whole post about why I love this OEL Superhero Manga so dang much - despite it's rather squicky origins - in order to celebrate it's glorious return.



. . . you know - once I finally find my damned copy of Astonishing X-Men #14 and proceed to write the insanely delayed Scott & Emma Post I've been promising all of you for half a month now. Sorry again, all.

Anyways, the guy screaming "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" outside my apartment complex has finally stopped/died/fell down drunk, so I think I'll try to get back to sleep.

And in seriousness, thanks again to you all for your patience during this difficult time.

No comments: