Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Feeding the Comics Jones

Today, I buy . . .

DEFINITE MUST-HAVES:

Checkmate #24
The Order #9
Thor #7
Angel: After The Fall #5


MAYBES:

Everybody's Dead #1
- The writer behind this original Zombie Survival RomCom series is Brian Lynch, the same gentleman who is helping put out the murkily-drawn but very well-written Angel Season 6 comics with Joss Whedon. He also created those fantastic Spike minis with Puppet Spike and the telepathic talking fish. We'll just see how the art grabs me.

Immortal Iron Fist #13 - With The Order being cancelled and Rucka & Trautmann ("TWO COPS who PLAY BY THEIR OWN RULES on THE HARD STREETS of PORTLAND, OREGON! Separately, THEY KICK ASS! Together, THEY FIGHT CRIME!") being taken off Checkmate in 2 months, I will be left abruptly devoid of the fresh transfusions of Awesome I need to live. From what the Internet tells me, I understand that this "Immortal Iron Fist" is made of Awesome. Do I need the trades to get into it or is it just going to rock my world immediately?

Incredible Hercules #115
- Ares keeps punching poor Wonder Man in the back of the head and yelling completely fake narration to explain why. If he was this great in Mighty Avengers, I'd be recommending it to all my friends. Plus, the super-smart kid with the coyote pup is awesome when he isn't being really annoying.

Justice League Of America Vol 2 #19 - The art has pissed me off and the story's put me to sleep until now. And yet, from what I understand, this issue will contain both Amanda Waller AND the Martian Manhunter. Decisions, decisions. With my luck, I'll buy it and they'll have whitewashed Amanda Waller too.

So, my friends, the question now becomes . . .

WHAT ARE YOU BUYING TODAY???

No comments: