Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Links than a Hyrule-Themed Smash Bros. Brawl

My Limerick Reviews will be delayed until tomorrow evening due to unavoidable Real Life Stuff but I thought I'd leave you all a boatload of interesting links to peruse in the meanwhile -



- With all the Two-Faced politicians out there lately, it's nice to have someone running for office that I can trust. Somebody who doesn't use a bunch of double talk and doesn't bow down to special interest coin. I am, of course, talking about Harvey Dent. This fine fellow is coming to my state this weekend. As I am totally in support of this upstanding D.A., I hope to get some snaps of me stumping for him and a crime-free Gotham City in the coming days.

- Always intelligent and intriguing, The Comics Journal also has an exhaustively comprehensive linkblog that goes by Journalista. The folks behind Journalista were kind enough to link to my recent discussion of Empowered. Thank you kindly, Journalista!
(Remember - if you don't see my link, you can just look for the post that begins with “I say: more penis on DC’s covers! More penis!”.)



- And let's not forget The Precocious Curmudgeon, whose kind words in response to mine sparked Journalista's interest in the first place. I'd also like to thank David P. Morgan for pointing everyone toward this fascinating link on the making of Adam Warren's Livewires from an editor's P.O.V. You know, Livewires? - a. k. a. one of the best Marvel mini-series you've never heard of? *sigh* Y'all should really try it out - it's only 8 bucks and there's a scene where Hydra tries to kill Nick Fury with beer.



Poor Livewires.




- If you're as big a fan of Greg Rucka as I am, I think you'll also enjoy this excerpt of an interview TCJ did with Rucka and Steve Lieber about their "Noir in Antarctica" tale, Whiteout. This is soon to be adapted into a movie with the young lady from Underworld. Good Lord, Rucka's a frighteningly large fellow.

I'm enough of a dork to remember when this was supposed to star Reese Witherspoon. Is it perverse of me that I'm still curious what she would have been like in the main role?

- Also, I have now found the location of the Coolest Movie Theatre on Earth. I may have to make the day-long drive to visit The Alamo Drafthouse just for the food alone, especially that 20 Beer Chili. Hell, any theater that serves Fat Tire is already given a thumbs up by yours truly.

- Evan Dorkin's blog reveals that he and his lovely family are writing an episode of the cheerfully surreal kids' show Yo Gabba Gabba! And if you haven't read the hilarious coming-of-age novel he illustrated the make-you-fall-down-laughing page breaks and cover for, I Love You, Beth Cooper - you, my friend? Are missing out.



And since we're all kids at heart, here's some videos from and relating to Yo Gabba Gabba! to brighten your day and/or quietly terrify you:

Biz Markie's Beat of the Day!
(HE! HE'S got what you NEED! But you SAY he's JUST A FRIEND! But you SAY he's JUST A FRIEND!)



Nathaniel Likes to Dance. He is The Best Dancer Ever.



Is Elijah Wood scarier here, teaching children how to become puppets, or as a cannibalistic Charlie Brown in Sin City?
You Decide!

No comments: