Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Enough Tomfoolery - Time to Feed The Comics Jones!

WHAT I'M BUYING TODAY!

DEFINITES:




Detective Comics #843 - Please, Mr. Dini, make me happy with B:TAS-style hijinks.

Logan #2 - BKV + Risso = WIN

The Twelve #4 - This series has got that wonderful new-Watchmen smell. Ahhhhh . . .

Young Avengers Presents #3 - Any new Young Avengers is Good Young Avengers. In theory, anyways.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer #13 - Finally, we get to see the fallout of Goth Japanese Vampires with Dracula Powers attacking Slayer Castle! What? What were you excited about?

Angel After The Fall #6 - Kooky fun, one hopes. I still don't care for Lorne being back but that's more of me loving how his story ended and not any personal dislike of the character. Just don't get me started on Faith not being involved (it's a pet peeve) and I should love the heck out of this.

(Plus, John Byrne's doing some of the art? How surreal is that?)

Anna Mercury #1 - Ultra-violence and mad science meets steampunk fashion? What the hell. I've bought books less awesome-sounding . . .

The Boys #17 - And speaking of ultra-violence . . .


MAYBES:





Project Superpowers #2
- If I can find Issue 1 of this, the previews I've seen online make me think it might be well worth picking up. It seems to be a charmingly black comedy about genetic engineering gone mad in a quest for superpowers. Just up my alley, I think.

Young X-Men #1 - I don't know anything about the guy writing this besides the fact he's behind Eli Stone over at ABC - and Dave from Dave's Long Box is very fond of said show.
I do know that I hate the idea of the X-Men using teens as death squads.
I also know that it will also contain Blindfold, who is my favorite new fictional psychic, if just for her amusing speech patterns.
I don't know how well-written non-Whedon Blindfold will be.
I also don't know how pretty the Dodson art will be.

Decisions, decisions.

In any case, given that it's a television personality writing a mainstream superhero book, I'm sure that it will start out strong and then continue to ship in a wonderful, timely and immediate manner.

MIGHT PICK UP THE TRADE:



Trials Of SHAZAM #12
- The art in this is Ridiculously Pretty. Still, art alone does not a story make and if I'm gonna pick up a Shazam trade, it'll most likely be the Jeff Smith one.
Casanova #13 - Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I'll get on reading this as soon as I finish tracking down the Blue Beetle trades, okay?
Walking Dead #48 - No spoilers, please - I've been reading this exclusively in trade form (albeit somewhat haphazardly). Fascinating stuff so far.

I DON'T WANT TO AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME:




Secret Invasion #1
- La la la la la la LA LA LA, I can't hear you, la la la la LA LA LA!

HOW ABOUT YOU?

WHAT ARE YOU BUYING TODAY?

1 comment:

SallyP said...

I am totally with you on Secret Invasion. Not going to buy it, and you can't make me.