Sunday, May 10, 2009

A brief duo of movie reviews

Don't worry - I bring no spoilers here. Read on without fear, just like Daredevil. Well, if Daredevil could read things online. Which he can't. I mean, there's text-to-voice but- I'm sorry, that was insensitive of me. Just- just read my movie reviews however you like. Sorry.*

First off - Star Trek!

This hard-hitting news report is dead-on. How dare a Star Trek film be a non-stop action packed thrill ride with humor and excitement?


Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable'

Go see it - you know, just so you can be as outraged as I am that it's totally freakin' awesome.

Oh, and incidentally, I also saw X-Men: Origins: Wolverine: Bub: Snikt: Bub. I didn't watch the leaked version online because that is wrong and seriously, who watches movies on their computer screen? Sheesh. I would have preferred the following ending but the first 2/3rds of the film were pretty enjoyable.



So, hey, let's just not talk about the last third of the film, okay? I like to focus on the positive.

Hey, did I mention how great Star Trek was? It was totally great. Flawless, even. Respectful of the pre-existing continuity while still managing to create an action-packed film that kept the core of every character intact. Nothing felt gratuitous, illogical or tossed-in for no reason at all. Yep. Boy, that was one good film.

Excuse me, I have to go now because my eye is twitching for some funny reason.

*Poor Daredevil will never be able to use Twitter.
"'I'm totally not Matt Murdock. Srsly. That's crazy. He's BLIND and I'm on Twitter, for Pete's sake.'
7 months ago"
"'Girlfriend crazy instead of dead this time. God, I hate life.'
5 months ago."
"'Kingpin in town again - WTF?!? Gotta go figure this out, BRB'
2 weeks ago"

. . . which is probably for the best.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Coincidentally, I am going to go and see the Star Trek movie in about half and hour. My son is taking me for Mother's Day.

He knows what I like.

The Red Monk said...

ah blind people do use the internet. they have programs that speak text, and dd could read the keys with his fingers.

Heavy T. Skubbs said...

Normally I'm pretty good with the detecting internet sarcasm. But I'm just kind of lost here :(