Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's a dream that we all share, it's the hope for tomorrow

Happy 4th of July, everybody!

I know that at this juncture, I could speak about why America is a country I'm actually proud to live in, despite our flaws. I could discuss how we were founded on beautiful ideals and how we still manage to provide a sense of hope and justice to many, even when we occasionally fall far, far short of those ideals. I could announce my appreciation and support of our troops overseas, for even if I do not agree with the reasons some of them are out there, I admire their fortitude, honor and dedication in being there (while we all sit around blowing things up and eating grilled meat). How it is our inclusiveness, not our divisiveness that defines us, despite how often the opposite seems to be true. And most importantly to me, I could say how the American Dream has changed in many ways but still survives based on life, liberty and a pursuit of happiness for everyone under Lady Liberty's shadow.

But really, who wants to hear some comics blogger go on and on and on about how the USA is a fundamentally decent place to live, and in a totally non-ironic manner no less?

So in lieu of all that schmaltzy crap, please enjoy this patriotic video:



In short: America. Fuck Yeah.

Additional Links By People More Patriotic Than I Am!


Chris Sims Reminds Us Of Who The Real Heroes Are And Also Hurts Our Souls!

Sally P. Goes Green For The Fourth of July! (Lousy Hippie)

BeaucoupKevin Salutes Old Glory! Kind of.
And reminds us that even Batman and Robin are Patriotic!

Polite Dissent celebrates with cartoon characters and music!

And lastly, the folks at 4thLetter! remind us that TODAY . . . IS OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!

And now I'm off to throw on my Superman t-shirt and go eat some hot dogs!

Have a Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: