Thursday, June 5, 2008

Robin's petty writer's block

Batman: How's that Great American Novel coming along, old chum?

Robin: Truthfully?

Batman: Always, my youthful ward!

Robin: I haven't written a thing in weeks! You'd think I'd have hundreds of ideas from all our adventures as the Dynamic Duo but when I sit down to write? Nothing!

Batman: Tsk, tsk, Boy Wonder! Quitters never win and winners never quit!

Robin: Oh, I know that Batman, but - Gosh! I get so frustrated! You want to hear something terrible, Batman? Sometimes I get so depressed about my writer's block, I feel like finding a famous author and just punching them hard in the face! Over and over again!



Robin: HOLY FIVE FISTS OF SCIENCE, BATMAN! STOP IT! STOP BEATING MARK TWAIN! I WAS JUST KIDDING AROUND! HOW DID YOU EVEN TRANSPORT HIM THROUGH TIME? OH, GOD, DON'T RIP OFF HIS MUSTACHE! HUCKLEBERRY FINN IS AN ENDURING CLASSIC OF AMERICAN LITERATURE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE, I BEG YOU - STOP BEATING MARK TWAIN!

(Image courtesy of the fine folks over at The Daily Batman)

6 comments:

Tommy! said...

"BATMAN!! Stop It! Stop It!!"

Ha Ha, yeah...that guy does look like Mark Twain. I laughed so hard I almost shot coffee thru my nose, ha! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

BATMAN FAN? Visit The Bat-Blog!
http://www.bat-blog.com

Thanks, Tommy

SallyP said...

*gasp*

NOT MARK TWAIN! Why not punch that guy that wrote The Sound and the Fury instead? Man, that book drove me nuts, and now I'm having a complete Senior Moment, and cannot recall his name.

It'll come to me. About 3:00 A.M.

K. D. Bryan said...

Glad you liked it, Tommy! I live to put smiles on people's faces. Just like the Joker!

Sally, you're thinking of William Faulkner. While I'd agree that he deserves a good charley horse, if I could choose which literary icon from the past got the crap kicked out of them by Batman, I'd definitely go with T. S. Eliot. While I dig The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, he totally deserves a savage beating for subjecting us all to The Wastelands.

SallyP said...

FAULKNER! AHA! I agree with you completely about T.S. Elliot though.

You know who I like? Dickens. Basically, he was writing the Victorian equivalent of Comics books anyway, since so many of his stories were originally presented as serials.

Heavy T. Skubbs said...

That actually looks a lot more like Col. Sanders. Batman's a member of PeTA? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

K. D. Bryan said...

That actually looks a lot more like Col. Sanders. Batman's a member of PeTA? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The only thing the Dark Knight hates more than Criminals is American Obesity.